Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Just keep swimming

I know who you are. You come and feed the fish. In fact, you're the only one who noticed that some had died off. They're all back. Happy and healthy because you of you.

When I was younger my father's friend had a swimming pool converted to house koi (like the one in the picture). He'd pay me to clean the pool. And that meant climbing in and scrubbing the sides and the bottom of the large swimming pool. Green with algae, and smelling of fish food, I'd scrub and scrub and scrub some more. The fish were very friendly though and always seemed to try and help.

It even started a little side business for my dad [no, me cleaning (though I think he contemplated that more than once); we made and installed koi pond fish filters. then somehow we ended up storing a large container of fish food. But those are stories for another time.

Thanks for visiting and thank you so much for feeding my fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment