Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Genetic Disorders

Hello Biology students.

Your assignment (whether you want to or not) is a one page paper about a genetic disorder of your choosing. 12 point font, Times New Roman or similar. One inch margins.

To get started you show go here: The Genetics Disorder Library, from the University of Utah (kudos for a killer site). Really, it's a great website that has enough information to do your one page paper.

You'll need to cite your source...and if you get it from the link above the source is linked in the bottom right corner of the page. 

For 5 extra credit points applied to this assignment...two or three sentences posted to this blog about your disorder (well, not your personal disorder--just the one you're writing about will suffice).

Get it?

Got it? 

Good.

3 comments:

  1. I know that I have already turned in the assignment... but I really need to get some extra credit! Okay! So I was born with mild Cerebral Palsy. The way that this effects me is that I have physical limitations. So I can't really play all of those sports that I want to... (FOOOTTBAALLL) I'm really kind of super smart... Which is really good for me. The way that I was born with this is when I was born (5 1/2 months early) I was born with Two three degree brain clots. The doctors gave me some blood thinners and the clots were soon gone. Leaving me with a weaker left side. Two inches shorter as well. That is why I have a heel in my left shoe so that way my feet will be the same level.

    :) That me! Well to tell you the truth.... I have more then one problem. BUT! That's for another day! Thanks Raine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raine I was doing that report and I found this picture and I laugh so much http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0lK3tJMjB20/SyF4AELVJ8I/AAAAAAAAABU/3aUALKk2CRQ/s1600-h/DSTM.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alzheimer's disease causes damage to certain areas of the brain causing people to forget things and lose the ability to do once simple tasks. There is no certain test to check for Alzheimer's disease, doctores just do a series of memory and problem solving tests to rule out other diseases. The symptoms of Alezheimer's disease are forgetting words and not being able to find things. As time goes on and the disease worsens the person will forget how to do tasks that were once very simple. The chance of getting this disease increases with age, 1 or 2 in 100 get it at 65 and 1 in 5 get it at 80, very few get it at a young age.
    ~Nevin DeWitt, 2nd period~

    ReplyDelete