Monday, October 12, 2009

The 7th Inning Stretch

Sports teams. I do watch a lot of sports; almost everything actually. I think, for the most part, we get our favorite teams from our parents--at least I did. I love the Los Angeles Rams. Well, the St. Louis Rams and the Greatest Show on Turf with Kurt Warner was awesome. When I lived in Sacramento it was pretty hard to not like the Kings. And I must confess that I don't watch much baseball, except for maybe during the playoffs. Go Yankees.

What does this have to do with anything?? Well, the next couple weeks--without a break--are pretty long weeks. We have lots to do, and lots to cover. In Biology, we'll be finishing the cell and starting on mitosis. Active Transport and diffusion are coming really soon.Specifically, we'll first do a lab about water. Then, we'll try to do a lob about diffusion and osmosis. We'll be looking at videos on active transport, and then under the microscope and elodea leaves again. This time though, we'll add salt water and see what it does.

Chemistry will be finishing up chemical reactions and starting dimensional analysis. Finishing up?? Yup, it means an exam. That's on freaky Friday. So, on Wednesday we'll finish our reactivity lab and then review briefly. Then on Tuesday we'll start with some conversions. There are among those conversions some that I simply expect you to memorize--I put them in a list that I call common knowledge. You'll love it.

So, sit down, buckle up, and keep your hands and feet inside the class at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment