Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fluffy


There has been some speculation regarding my pet spider (I know...seriously...how many times are those words uttered). It was graciously given to me my some outstanding kids. They performed flawlessly in the play Robin Hood that I help direct. As thanks, they presented me with a tarantula. I'm still not sure what that says about me...but it was nice nonetheless. Sceptically, I kept him (or her). I still haven't asked--it seems rude. They bought (from a catalog) a Pink-Toed tarantula. Now, almost six months later and after one molt (creepy, by the way), I can say without equivocation, that it's NOT a pink-toed tarantula. I am, however, pretty sure it's a Chilean Rose tarantula (Grammastola rosea). So, from time to time, I will post a Fluffy update and a picture.

a wiki link for the curious

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, but even with a cute name like Fluffy, spiders creep me out. I'm now going to have nightmares about your pet. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WARNING!
    This class may result in and is not limited too; Dizzyness, Nausea, Complex Math Equations, Lack of Sleep, Hallucinations, and quite possibly bodily harm.


    You have been warned.

    Nate RAINE Hint Hint

    P.S. Make sure you invit me to your funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete